Here are some commonly asked questions regarding storage endpoints.
- Custom Storage
Blitzz Allows you to use your own storage servers on Azure and AWS cloud
Azure: Setup Azure Storage
AWS: Setup AWS S3 Storage
- Where are my images & recordings (if enabled) stored and how long are they stored there?
If you have been using Blitzz storage, the images and recordings are stored in our secure cloud server for 180 days. You may download them anytime within that timeframe. Otherwise, images and Recordings (if enabled) will be stored in your custom storage according to your data retention policy.
- Can I migrate my data old data?
Yes, if you have been using Blitzz storage and would like us to migrate your existing data to your new endpoints, we can do that for you the first time. This process may take 1-3 business days. (Create a support ticket)
- Can I re-configure my endpoints after I set them up the first time?
No, Custom Endpoints can only be set up once, and cannot be re-configured again. If you absolutely need to re-configure, please contact us as this will require data migration.
- Can I rename the files or folders directly from the storage service?
No, If you make any changes to your file or folder names directly from your cloud provider’s backend (g. Azure, AWS), it will break the mapping with Blitzz’ session history. Blitzz will not be responsible for any data loss.
- Can I delete the files?
Yes, you own the data on your storage. Blitzz will not be responsible for any data loss.
- What data will be stored?
Images and Recordings (if enabled) will be stored in your custom storage
- What are the availability, security, and storage policy?
This depends on how you set up your storage account with your cloud storage provider. (Eg. Azure, AWS)
- After setting up Custom Storage, can I still download media from the Session History screen?
Yes, the Agent can still download media (photos, recordings) by selecting the session then the media type.