You can configure how your files and folders are named from the Settings tab. This applies to images, videos, chat message files, etc.
This is very useful if you would like to search and parse files programmatically using SessionID or Reference Code, for example for post-processing.
Enterprise Edition is required to enable this feature.
Here are a few pointers to help you pick the right file names:
- The changes will only apply to new sessions and older uploaded sessions will not be renamed.
- Folder names need to start with the 9 digit Session ID (code)
- File names must have a name and timestamp along with the count of image. This will be appended automatically.
- Time Stamp and Image count are separated by a hyphen (-). Eg. 123456789_WaterHeater_2021-07-01-04-13-02-PM_image-1.jpeg
- All selected elements are separated by an underscore ( _ ) . Eg. 123456789_Water Heater_2021-07-01-04-13-02-PM_image-1.jpeg
- OCR images will be appended with the suffix OCR
- There is no limit to the length of your file name. However, if you download the files they are truncated by Windows or Mac. Windows support 213 characters and Mac support 255 characters.
- Special characters from the final file name will be removed before saving (only hyphen, space and underscore will be presered)