Blitzz was designed to work effectively under different network conditions with lightweight bandwidth requirements. However, poor audio quality due to audio interference/background noise can ruin a conversation.
How to improve audio quality
- Use headphones or earbuds during a call. If you hear an echo it's because your participants' speakers are too loud, and causing feedback.
- Move to a quieter environment. This will allow your participants to hear your voice more clearly.
- Ensure no other applications on your device are already accessing your microphone. Otherwise, multiple apps trying to access one microphone input will cause interference.
- Before a call starts, consider putting your device in "Do not disturb". In case you receive a phone call, it won't interrupt the video session.
- Stay away from wireless headsets. Wireless headsets typically use Bluetooth. If you notice your participants complain about audio quality, try using a USB or inline mic instead of a headset.