How to allow access to camera & mic in Settings
- Open the Start menu in the lower-left corner of your screen and go to "Settings".
- Open the Privacy tab.
- Scroll down to Camera and Microphone.
Make sure Allow access to the camera on this device is toggled on.
You may need to select a different camera or mic input
Most Windows 10 devices have multiple outputs for the integrated camera and mic, but it may not always default to the correct one. Here's how to change it in your Chrome settings:
- In your chrome browser, open Settings from the upper right menu.
- In the search bar, type "Site settings".
- Go to "Camera" or "Microphone" tab.
- Select the dropdown menu, and switch between the options until you find the correct input.
You may have a Windows update available
- Go to "Update & Security" tab.
- Select "Check for updates".
This will ensure that Windows has the latest camera and mic driver software needed to work in your preferred browser.
If you're using a Lenovo device
- Open "Start Menu", and search for 'Lenovo Vantage"
- Ensure the camera and mic are on.
In your browser, you can test your device here to ensure everything is working correctly.
Allow Access for Other Browsers