SMS works differently in every country. Before you begin to configure your SMS Message templates, take a minute to check the following best practices for text messaging compliance.
- Refrain from using emojis in your message contents because the carriers heavily filter for them.
Refrain from using additional URLs or Short URLs as they may get filtered as well and impact your message delivery.
Make sure to review the Country SMS Guidelines to be aware of the local regulations and best practices. We strongly encourage customers to review proposed use cases with qualified legal counsel to make sure that they comply with all applicable laws.
- Get opt-in consent from each end-user before sending any communication to them, particularly for non-essential communications.
- Only communicate during an end-user’s daytime hours unless it is urgent.
- Respect your end-user's HELP/STOP requests to unsubscribe in the end-user’s local language.
- Do not contact end-users on do-not-call or do-not-disturb registries.